The Argentine Association of Engineering Consulting Firms (CADECI) consists of Argentine consulting firms and was founded in 1964 to represent, promote and defend the interests of its members.
Its main objective is to promote the hiring of engineering consultancy services, both by the public and private sectors, within the country and abroad.
Argentine Consultancy Firms are highly qualified to contribute towards the successful fulfilment of government plans as well as increasing the efficiency of the technologies applied to industrial production and construction.
CADECI is associated to the Pan-American Federation of Consultants (FEPAC) that brings together the national consultancy associations of Latin American countries, Spain and Portugal.
- To promote consultancy services in the public and private sectors, both in a national and international scale, as a means to better meeting the objectives of the State and to increase efficiency levels in the several fields of technology
- To bring together Argentine consulting firms permanently working in the different branches of engineering consultancy
- To assist, as a consultation body, with the national, provincial and municipal authorities
- To contribute towards an adequate specialization through the training of professionals
- To prepare draft documents of the legal standards and regulations related to the practice and cost of Consulting Engineering and requesting their approval and implementation by public authorities
- To encourage relations and closer ties with related agencies within the country and abroad
- To promote Argentine consulting firms in international financing organizations and agencies
- To organize and participate in national and international conferences and events about engineering consulting activities
- To maintain permanent contact with national and foreign research centres, universities, institutes and associations specialized in consultancy
Engineering Consultancy is the industry of organized thinking, with the purpose of planning, analyzing and furnishing the best solutions to the problems posed by the infrastructure of a country, thus contributing to the economic, social and environmentally sustainable development. This implies improving of people's quality of life, creating genuine employment and showing respect for the environment.
Engineering firms are essentially groups of professionals fully committed to studying, planning, designing and directing projects, without any legal, economic or - in any way - binding relationship with construction companies, manufacturers, vendors or government agencies.
Engineering firms play an important role in effectively providing the most suitable technological, environmental and economic solution to the current challenges of engineering projects
Fields of Activity
- Roads, highways and bridges
- Urban and regional development
- Energy: thermal, hydroelectric and nuclear power stations and all kinds of power lines
- Railways and “metros”
- Gas and oil
- Geotechnics and geology
- Geodesy and topography
- Other public and urban infrastructure works (schools, hospitals, public buildings, stadiums, parks)
- Industrial plants, processes
- Ports, airports
- Dams, flood control, irrigation, aqueducts
- Sanitation, water supply, sewerage, treatment plants
Services such as those related to supervision and maintenance:
- Collection and disposal of wastes (MSW)
- Public lighting
- Maintenance of schools, hospitals, pavements
- Transport systems: urban, maritime and river transport
Engineering consulting firms are strategic tools for development and sustainable growth.
Developed countries constantly encourage the expansion of the services of Consulting Engineers towards foreign markets in order to extend their technological and production frontiers. It is a well known fact that Consulting Firms promote, through planning and design, the participation of suppliers of equipment and materials as well as construction companies. In this way, these countries succeed in expanding their business internationally.
Complementing the activity at the local level, exporting consulting services tends to reposition Argentina in the global knowledge marketplace.